The power of the TWN4 family in a slim, compact reader that is smaller than a credit card. Perfectly suited for integration into devices where space is at a premium.
The new TWN4 Slim is Elatec’s smallest compact and flat RFID reader – it’s smaller than an ID-1 card. TWN4 Slim supports a huge range of LF and HF technologies (125 kHz and 13.56 MHz). With the support of NFC and Bluetooth Low Energy the reader supports mobile use cases for data communication and authentication. It can be operated as a standalone unit connected using a standard cable with a micro USB plug to PCs and other devices with USB interface.
TWN4 Slim is perfectly suited to embed it into machines and devices, and especially MFP printers with optional clip-on snap-in cover. Special features:
- Standalone operation and flush-mount integration into printers and other industrial applications
- Mounting holes for easy and fast installation
- Integrated LF and HF antennas
- One socket for Secure Access Modules (SAM) cards, ID-000 form factor
- Flexible cable with micro USB connector
- Supported USB stacks: keyboard emulation, virtual comport and CCID/PCSC
- Integrated BLE module 2.4 GHz for data communication and authentication, BLE v4.2, upgradable
- Supports quick (re)configuration over network and over wireless interface with TWN4 CONFIG Card
- Direct chip-commands support
- Powerful SDK for writing apps which are executed directly on the reader
- On-board 18 kB flash storage, e.g. for storing user accessible non-volatile data
- TWN4 Upgrade Card for P and PI options available on request
- Customizable design inlay